Shrimp Egg Rolls
- November 02, 2020
- Posted By : Patty
1 cup sifted flour
2 cups minced cooked shrimp
1 cup finely chopped celery
¼ cup minced bamboo shoots
¼ cup minced water chestnuts
1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 qt. corn oil
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. Accent
- Combine flour, 1-cup water and 2 eggs. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 5 minutes. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix shrimp, celery, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, onion, 2 tablespoons corn oil and seasonings thoroughly.
- Heat heavy 6-inch skillet until drop of water will sizzle. Grease lightly with corn oil before cooking each skin. Hold skillet off heat; pour 2 to 3 tablespoons batter into pan, moving and tilting pan while pouring. Pour excess back into bowl of batter; return skillet to heat. Batter will set very quickly.
- Cook just until set and edge curls slightly. Turn out onto dry dishtowel until ready to roll.
- Place about 2 tablespoons filling in center of each skin; brush edge with beaten egg. Fold nearest edge over filling; fold over sides about 1 inch. Roll skin; seal with beaten egg.
- Pour enough of remaining corn oil into deep fryer or skillet to fill 1/3 full.
- Heat over medium heat to 375 degrees or until 1-inch square of bread turns brown in 10 seconds.
- Add several egg rolls slowly; fry until lightly browned on all sides, turning as needed.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with remaining rolls. Yield: 15 egg rolls.